Genexis Music Competition
Musician? Composer? Genexis
needs your help.
We want some original music to use at our events and in our videos. We're offering prizes for the best musical compositions.
Genexis: Bach Rocks Competition
Genexis is looking for a 1-2 minute contemporary piece of music based on one of Bach’s pieces to use for its videos and live events in 2020.
Minimum prize fund £2000:
£1000 first prize
£500 second prize
£250 additional merit awards
You should submit your entry by the closing date which is 7.1.20 (7th of January) in the form of an .MP3 file sent by email (or by WeTransfer) to email@example.com. Your email or message must state that all contributors agree to the competition rules.
The piece should be:
· 1-2 minutes in length
· Be in a contemporary style
· Suggested instrumentation: keyboard, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass guitar, drums/percussion
· Be at 125-145 beats per minute
· Have an energetic dynamic ‘feel’
You can select any Bach piece to work with but here are some suggestions:
· Toccata and Fugue in D minor BWV 538 "Dorian"
· Concerto in G major BWV 592 - Presto
· Cantata BWV 1 "Wie schön leuchtet der Morgenstern"
· Gloria in excelsis deo...et in terra pax BWV 232
· Magnificat BWV 243a: I. Magnificat anima mea
· Concerto for 2 Violins, Strings, and Continuo in D minor, BWV 1043 - 1. Vivace
· Orchestral Suite No. 2 in B Minor, BWV 1067 - 7. Badinerie
· Cantata No.21, BWV21 "Ich hatte viel Bekümmernis" - Sinfonia
· Brandenburg Concerto No.5 BWV 1050 - 1. Allegro
· Toccata BVW 565
The result will be announced by 31.1.20. Judge’s decision is final. Submissions can be made individually or by a group, but all contributors must be named on entry form. Prizes paid are in consideration for all rights to work including moral rights. Save for using the Bach composition as a starting point, work must be exclusive creative product of named entrant(s).
Further information about rules available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org